All schools please discuss each of the following with students to get their ideas and opinions. Volunteers please contact each other to discuss further and post ideas on the blog. Other people feel free to add ideas or to volunteer to join committees etc
1. Someone to gather the information about ‘what we are about’ and the logo ideas. Jaime gibbons st edmunds
2. Volunteers to form a ‘logo sub-committee’ Sebastian Barrientos – St James College, Jaime gibbons st Edmunds, Nick Fidler, Ted porter (Terrace.)
3. Volunteers to come up with a combined small clear statement of our purpose. Jacob Leverett St Laurences
4. Each Chapter to bring to the Launch day ‘X’ number of students and staff
5. Establish a FaceBook page for this group – get contact details. Rory Young, Mitchell Tonino (Nudgee)
6. Type up and get out the statement of what a Chapter will be about.- Johanna (will post on the website/blog)
7. Form an organising group from this group to plan the Launch day so all have a voice. Michelle Kinnane – Nudgee, Lachie Rologas, Lachie Righetti, Sam Huth – St Patricks
8. Someone / group to identify a list of core ‘issues’ that we can begin to engage with on the Launch day. Rob Johnson Terrace , Brooke Flynn – st. James
After our initial meeting of staff and students at St James' today, these are the ideas we came up with. Please add any other ideas or comments:
What is going on in the Chapters and across Chapters so that this works?
Chapter X is working on a ‘on line petition’
· One group member has come up with real unbiased information on the topic – how many minors are in detention – data from Department of Immigration – Freedom of Information
· They share this with the other Chapters
· They publish some of this in newsletter and a student portal and our Facebook site
· Chapter N has got a newspaper interview going on this topic
· Chapter X has got a series of ‘signs’ raising awareness and have sent them to the other chapters to be printed and shared.
· One has sent the other Chapters some resources we have made.
· Chapter Y has set up a across Chapters FaceBook group on this issue. We are looking at how to use this best …..
· Chapter Y has got an ‘on line’ calendar of Social Justice events etc that ERAfor Change will publish and perhaps support
· We have a common – connecting ‘portal’ for topics and responses
· Chapter Z is hosting the end of term support and information sharing gathering at its school
· Some reps from each Chapter are having an interview with a local Refugee Group to ask ‘why’ are there so many ….. and inviting their local MP along.
· The end of term gathering has as its main topic – what across Chapter – combined group action we are going to do to keep the issue in the media etc – a solidarity march / candle light vigil etc.
· Chapter U has written a series of Assembly prayers and sent to other chapters
· Chapter P has come up with a simulation game that gets people in the ‘feel’ of what this would be like in real life. “How would you feel if …..”
· The end of term gathering of all the Chapters begins to raise what issue we will look at next ….